The FBI calls employee theft “the fastest-growing crime in America”. And the US Chamber of Commerce estimates that 75 percent of employees steal from the workplace, and that most do it repeatedly. Employees most often steal money, produced goods, professional supplies, and sensitive information. These cubical, or corner office crimes are responsible for one third of all US corporate bankruptcies.
We asked Mark Allen, CEO of CPS Electric how companies can protect themselves. The short answer – “technology.”
“Quite simply, installing surveillance systems and access control systems offer employers not only a way to monitor activity, but send a strong warning signal to others that security is taken seriously,” shared Allen. According to Allen, the process of protection technology includes consultation to help organizations determine a surveillance and controls system that best suits their needs. Today’s surveillance solutions are expandable and customizable, they aim to consider future business growth and development.
Benefits of Using Security Cameras
- Monitor key business areas.
- Conduct remote check-ins. Use our technology to view your building from anywhere
- Safeguard products and assets.
- Curb temptation. Cameras serve as visual theft deterrents.“One of our favorite options is the Eagle Eye Cloud Security Camera. It provides 100% cloud management, 100% mobile and web browser viewing and 100% cloud recording. It’s designed to be all cloud all the time. Pay only for what you need,” Allen shared.
CPS Electric also recommends employers have an access control system. Access controls help ensure that the right people have access to the right places at the right times. Tracking people within your facility and secured areas can address security concerns, protect private data and help avoid legal liabilities.
Beyond technology, other security suggestions include:
- Maintain an inventory record
- Hire smartly and supervise
- Manage cash flow effectively
- Routinely conduct audits
Contact CPS Electric for technologically advanced products and superior service. Since 1982, they consistently exceed customer’s expectations with industry leading services including comprehensive electric, structured cabling, installing and maintaining video surveillance and access control. CPS Electric is a Disabled Veteran Owned Business. To find out more, contact us at http://www.4cps.com.